Friday, December 18, 2015

#BookReview: What is Your True Zodiac Sign? by Greenstone Lobo

On the jacket:


What if what you thought all your life to be your zodiac sign was Wrong? People who think they are Arians, could actually have their Sun in Pisces. More than three quarters of the world's population have been assuming the wrong zodiac sign. Can 12 types capture the mind-boggling diversity of personalities in the world? Astronality-186 systematically demonstrates that the various permutations and combinations of Sun, Mercury and Moon, correctly placed, create 186 distinct personalitytypes, not just 12. Which of the 186 types are You? Narendra Modi is not just a meticulous and hard-working Virgo, but also a zealous and decisive Scorpio, aka VirScorp. Salman Khan is not a stuffy, politically correct and conservative Capricorn, but an outspoken, passionate and rebellious Scorpio-Sagittarius-Aquarius ie, ScorpSagAqua. Sachin Tendulkar is not a bull-headed Taurean, but a forceful, powerful, playful yet down-to-earth AriSagPisces. Barack Obama is not a flamboyant and arrogant Leo, but a sensitive yet tough TauCan. Etc... Know your true zodiac sign and understand the psyche of the people who matter in your life. 

Review:

I like to read about sun signs. Well, no. I like to read about my own sun sign. I am a Virgo and pretty pleased about it. If you ask me why I am interested in horoscopes, I will tell you that almost all my traits match with what a Virgo is supposed to be. And that makes me feel very special. Also, that when the same traits match with other Virgo friends, there is an unspoken bond that is formed. As if, we belong together.
So, when this book came for review, I obviously jumped to the occasion. I love to read about traits, compatibility, etc.

But when this book came, I was thrown off my chair. As per this book, I am a Leo which didn't please me at all. I was sure there is not a single trait in me which is similar to the Leo. Yet, this book claimed that our horoscopes are different to what we have always believed it to be. So, now what?

Armed with curiosity and determined to find fault with the author's claims, I sat with this thick book. I read the introduction chapters which explained the rest of the content page. You see, according to Lobo, we are all combinations of sings. I am not an out and out Virgo. Or, a Leo. This is what grabbed my attention. When I had picked up the book, I'd decided to read Virgo's section and then skim through the book. But now, I read every word and actually needed to sit back and think. The book has been a great eye opener. My entire outlook towards myself as well as others has changed. 

A must read.


Rating: ****/5

[This review is for Leadstart Publishing. The opinions are strictly my own and not been written under any obligation.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BookBlast: Lean Into Relationships by Rishabh Jhol

About the Book: Doubt has pivoted many a relationship across the centuries. Whether it is Othello suspicious of Desdemona or through...