is back with another book, up for grabs! Soldier & Spice written by author Aditi Mathur Kumar, is a funny, witty account of a newly married army wife’s life.
What do you win?
Of course, a copy of Soldier and Spice!!
Not just a copy, but TWO copies are up for grabs here. At the end of the competition, TWO winners will be chosen by the judge.
IS THAT COOL, OR WHAT!!
About Soldier & Spice: An Army Wife’s Life:
For Pia, regular life is a thing of the past. She is now an Army wife. From ‘just Pia’ to an Aunty, a memsaab and ‘her favourite words in the whole wide world’ Mrs Pia Arjun Mehra. At twentysix, Pia finds herself having to suddenly be more lady-like; focus on themed ladies’ meets, high teas and welfare functions; and deal with long (unexpected) separations from her husband, extraordinary challenges, a little heartache and well, growing up.
In the mysterious and grand world of Army wives, Pia learns that walking in high heels is okay as long as you don?t trip on combat boots. She learns that civil is also a noun, that JCO and GOC are (very!) different, that snacks are shown and WTF is better explained as Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Yes, it really is a new world!
Let this quirky, hilarious story of the first year of Pia’s Army-wife life show you that the spice to a soldier’s life is most definitely his better, very strong, bloody extremely elegant, never-cussing, witty, warm and passionate half, his Army wife.
Read my review of the book here.
What do you have to do?
Tell us how creative and funny you are. We dig wit. Keep us in splits and the crown..err, book is yours!
1. Soldier & Spice is a book about a regular girl who falls head over heels in love with an Indian Army Officer, and marries him to find that Army demands a lot more than other professions, but it gives the kind of pride that is greater than any thing in the world. Tell us about your dream profession and what makes you dream about it. Please keep it realistic, and of course, interesting!
2. Share the following on your FB wall:
'I just submitted an entry for the Soldier&Spice book giveaway. You can also participate in the contest. Click here for details: http://sankshvet.blogspot.com/2013/12/bookgiveaway-soldier-spice.html
Tweet the following:
I just entered this exciting #contest by @BookLuster and @AdiCrazy : http://sankshvet.blogspot.com/2013/12/bookgiveaway-soldier-spice.html Take part to win the book!
In the comments section below, leave an entry with your anecdote as specified in point 1 above, AND the link to your FB share/tweet. Only entries with BOTH, shall be considered for the judging.
Terms and conditions of the giveaway:
1. Leave your entry in the comments section below.
2. Giveaway is restricted to India only.
3. Giveaway ends on December 6, 2013 at 16:30 hours (IST). Result would be declared on December 10, 2013.
4. The contest will be judged by author Aditi Mathur Kumar. Decision taken by the judge will be final and cannot be disputed.
5. The contest is open to all residents in India, albeit residing in places where couriers deliver.
6. Only entries in English will be considered eligible for the contest.
8. The winning entries will win a copy each of Soldier and Spice. The book would be sent within 2-3 weeks after the result is declared. Winner shall be kept updated about the same.
9. Submitted entries should be your original work; no plagiarism shall be entertained.
10. Multiple entries are allowed.