So, Words' Worth by Samarpita finally has an awesome, awesome book giveaway, in association with Fingerprint! publishing!
Why a double awesome? Because!
a) Two things are up for grabs -> awesome + awesome, and,
b) This contest will bring out a very creative side to you!
So, tell me, who doesn't love receiving letters, eh? Receiving them by post, reading them, keeping them neatly folded and tucked in a small box, taking them out once in a while when the heart is sad and reading them. We all love that, right?
This doesn't really happen much anymore. So, why don't we relive the past? Tell us how you write your letters!
Write the first line or last line of a letter you would want to write to anyone, friend, lover, sister, brother, parents, enemy... in 140 characters.
Dear Pumpkin, I miss you. I miss your sweet, round, plump self and your gorgeous baby elephant walk...
Dear X, I must end my letter by pointing out the horrible truth, that you are wicked, wicked... and I must burn your effigy next Dussehra...
What do you win?
A voucher worth Rs 1000/- which can be redeemed at Uread.com AND a copy of THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TABLE BY MADHUMITA MUKHERJEE, both from Fingerprint! Publishing
Is that cool, or, is that cool!!
Terms and conditions of the giveaway:
1. Leave your entry in the comments section below.
2. Stick to word, rather, character limit.
3. Giveaway is restricted to India only.
4. Giveaway ends on September 14, 2013 at midnight (IST).
5. The contest will be judged by author Madhumita Mukherjee. Decision taken by the judge will be final and cannot be disputed.
6. The contest is open to all residents in India.
7. Only entries in English will be considered eligible for the contest.
8. The winning entry will win a gift voucher worth Rs. 1000/- from Fingerprint! Publishers and a copy of The Other Side Of The Table by Madhumita Mukherjee. The voucher can be redeemed at URead.com within 30 days of receipt.
9. Submitted entries should be your original work; no plagiarism shall be entertained.
10. Only one entry per person is allowed. In case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered valid.
About The Other Side of The Table by Madhumita Mukherjee
A world drawn and woven with words.
A bond punctuated by absence and distance . . .
Two continents. Two cities. Two people.
And letters. Hundreds of them.
Over years. Across oceans. Between hearts.
Between Abhi, who is training to be a neurosurgeon in London, and Uma, who is just stepping into the world of medicine in Kolkata.
As they ink their emotions onto paper, their lives get chronicled in this subtly nuanced conversation through letters . . . letters about dreams, desires, heartbreaks, and longings . . . about a proverbial good life falling apart, about a failed marriage, a visceral loss, and about a dream that threatens social expectations . . .
Letters that talk. And don’t. Letters about this and that. Letters about everything . . .
Letters with a story you would never expect.
A beautiful novel written in the form of letters, it’s a candid and heart-warming exchange between two friends, both doctors, one in London and the other in Kolkata.
A tale of true friendship and love, the story is simple, yet powerful and appealing. It keeps the reader engaged till the very last word.
A soft, poignant, and subtle romance.
Fingerprint is India’s youngest independent publisher of commercial fiction and non-fiction paperbacks and e-books. It is part of the publishing cell of Prakash Books, which has published some of India’s finest coffee table books over the past few years. Fingerprint drives this cell’s foray into commercial paperbacks and e-books at affordable prices for readers.
For any queries, contact me at @BookLuster on twitter.