Thursday, May 23, 2013

Swimsuit by James Patterson

On the jacket:


A breathtakingly beautiful supermodel disappears from a swimsuit photo shoot at the most glamorous hotel in Hawaii. Only hours after she goes missing, Kim McDaniels' parents receive a terrifying phone call. Fearing the worst, they board the first flight to Maui and begin the hunt for their daughter.

Ex-cop Ben Hawkins, now a reporter for the LA Times, gets the McDaniels assignment. The ineptitude of the local police force defies belief - Ben has to start his own investigation for Kim McDaniels to have a prayer ... and for Ben to have the story of his life.

All the while, the killer sets the stage for his next production. His audience expects the best - and they won't be disappointed. Swimsuit is a heart-pounding story of fear and desire, transporting you to a place where beauty and murder collide and unspeakable horrors are hidden within paradise.

Review:

I was a bit sceptical about a co-authored book but boy, was I blown away. Swimsuit is shocking and spine-chilling, more than what the blurb suggests. It picks up pace from page 1 and believe me you, it was so difficult for me to let got of reading it, even to go brush my teeth, last night. Yes, I was turning the pages, while I was chewing on my toothbrush.

Swimsuit, as the blurb says, is about a swim-suit model being abducted. It's not as simple as it sounds, it's actually much more gory than a lot of our imaginations. Personally, I love crime fiction yet I'd not been reading them for a while for no particular reason. Now, I am soo back to them, and for good!

Intense and skilfully spun, the plot will keep you hooked. If you are a sucker for crime fiction, don't even think twice. Pick this one up!

Rating: ****/5

[This review is for Random House India. The opinions are strictly my own and not been written under any obligation.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BookBlast: Lean Into Relationships by Rishabh Jhol

About the Book: Doubt has pivoted many a relationship across the centuries. Whether it is Othello suspicious of Desdemona or through...