Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Review: Fifty Shades Darker by EL James

With Fifty Shades of Grey  ending with Anastasia and Christian's break-up, I was curious as to what happens next. I mean, there were two more books of the trilogy left!


With much anticipation, I began the book, to be only disappointed. Yes, easy read, simple language, blah blah, but is that all there was to be for 500 pages? Of course, I wasn't expecting a lot, to tell you the truth, but this was way less than expected. While part 1, still indicated a story, this was an out-and-out Mills&Boon from page 1 to the last.

After the break-up, Anastasia tried to pick up her life and joined her new job but she misses Christian a lot. No, she misses sex with Christian a lot. The get back together right at the beginning of the book and then we have the usual drama of jealous ex-girlfriend (submissive in Christian's case) and a lecherous boss who tried to get inside Anastasia's skirt. 

The ex-girlfriend(s) try to kill/harass Anastasia, while Christian has a close shave with life, thanks to Anastasia's ex-boss who had got fired because of Christian. Nevertheless, things settle down. The book ends with the ex-boss conspiring revenge against Christain and Anastasia with a promise that they will be married in the last week.

Personally, I found it bland, still I read it. I am a book-geek, I read everything. You take your call! :-)

My rating: 3/5


5 comments:

  1. I thought even the first one also wasn't that GREAT! It was okay... Hyped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After ur review, wont waste money on the 2nd one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, don't. read the e-book if interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my
    head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Thank you so much.50 shades movie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am awaiting for the releasing ofFifty shades Movie.I am excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. and i watch your work it is pretty awesome to see on the screen 50 Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete

#BookReview: Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami

On the jacket: 'I find writing novels a challenge, writing stories a joy. If writing novels is like planting a forest, then writin...